Search This Blog

Custom HPU 28nm Silicon in Microsoft HoloLens

More than 1 trillion calculation per second, the 10w HPU is amazing! 

The HPU is using 24 Tensilica DSP cores with 65 million logic gates, 8MB of SRAM, and 1 GB of LPDDR3 separate from the memory for the Intel Atom Cherry Trail CPU, the HPU is a custom made information processing engine designed to Fuse the Input from many cameras to calculate the users relative position in space for the HoloLens experience. This is a first generation product, and amazing already! Stephen Elop, a former executive at Microsoft told me in person to buy the 3rd or 4th generation hololens, to leave the first and second gen to wealthy early adopters like him :)

I have been interested in the HoloLens since I first heard about it back in 2011. A friend of mine that works at Microsoft leaked the development, but because of his NDA I did not write about it until it made the mainstream tech news. God knows I do not want to be litigated against personally by a huge powerful corporation like MS :) I wish them well too, Windows 10 is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment